Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Total Eclipse




I read an interesting post the other day, and thought I might share it with you. Enjoy! 

“I had the privilege on August 21, 2017 to witness one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen, the TOTAL Eclipse of the sun. For those of you who have never seen a total 100% eclipse, this emphasis on “total” probably has little to no meaning, as it did for me August 20th 2017. But that was about to change drastically. 

When the eclipse started, we put on the glasses and watched the blackness cover the sun little by little. At around 70% it looked a little like dusk, but nothing spectacular. Even at 99% you could not look at the sun with the naked eye. 

But suddenly at 100%, you had to remove the glasses to see anything at all. When the glasses came off, the environment changed. Time seemed to stand still. It was not dark, as we would think of darkness, but a slate blue light bathed the world around me. The sweltering heat changed to a cool breeze immediately. The sun became a thin flaming circle of corona, and the flames looked like they were outlined in thin black marker. The center was dark blue and all around it was a lighter blue. Photos do no justice to actually experiencing it - you saw it all around you, felt it and heard it as the crickets started chirping, thinking it was night. 
It made me ponder about how our whole world changes when we are 100% focused on a thing. Not 70, 80 or even 99%, but 100%. When there is nothing else other than what we are engaged in, our world changes drastically. 
 
That’s what happens to me when I play music, totally focused. My reality changes, everything looks different, feels different and sounds different. Time stands still. Everything else melts away” 

Music can change the world around us, if only for a moment. 

Keep Playing!  

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment